ATS Diesel Aurora 3000 Turbo Kit LB7 2001-2004
The ATS Aurora 3000 turbo system for the 2001-2004 GM Duramax is designed for daily driving and towing applications. The focus of this turbo is to provide quick spool, low-end pulling power and EGT control on stock or tuned trucks. The result is a system that will provide a wide powerband, while being responsive at sea level or higher elevations. Aftermarket fueling upgrades are not required for this turbo.
Included in the Aurora 3000 turbo kit is a 4” downpipe, pedestal, turbo, air intake system (AFE-equipped) and all necessary hardware, and oil supply/return fittings and tubes. The 3000 is equipped with journal bearings, a ported compressor housing to reduce turbo “bark” as well as heavy duty silicone boots.
The kit is designed as a bolt-on application. No cutting, welding or modification is required for installation.
The Aurora 3000 is a quick spooling turbo charger that is great for all around performance on your 01-04 GM 6.6L Duramax. The 58mm inducer on the turbo is a very nimble and highly responsive unit. Safe for stock engines and stock components, towing and daily driving become much easier due to the turbo doing more work, instead of relying on the engine with a restrictive factory turbo. The increased air volume will utilize all fuel injected into the cylinder creating a more complete and efficient combustion event. This will result in lower EGTs, better throttle response, and a more efficient/useable torque curve.
The advantage of the Aurora 3000:
- Quicker spool-up with reduced lag
- More efficient and useable torque curve
- Designed for towing and daily driving
- Increased fuel economy
- Safe for stock motor and components
- Decrease in stress on the motor due to better combustion
- Reduces turbo "bark" due to ported compressor housing design
- Great all-around performance gains
- Everything is included for a smooth installation
- This turbo is THE choice for those towing heavy loads and looking for exceptional EGT control